This is a delicious, easy and fast dessert.
Apple Tart Fine
1/2 Granny Smith Apple
Puff Pastry (you can make it yourself but the shop bought is absolutely fine.)
granulated sugar, to sprinkle
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Use an upside down plate ( a saucer will do ) and cut the puff pastry to your desired size.
3. Use a fork and prick a few holes in the pastry to stop it puffing up and falling over.
- The secret here is marzipan. Use about a €2 coin size. Spread it in the centre of the pastry. Make sure you cover it with a slice of apple or it can burn,
- Slice the peeled and cored apple using a mandoline or a sharp knife. Make sure they are thin so the pastry and the apples cook at the same time.
- Brush the top liberally with melted butter and give a generous coat of white sugar.
- Put in into a pre-heated oven for about 13 min ( if you have a fan over)
- You know when it’s cooked when the pastry underneath does not stick when you take it off the tray.
Serve with your favourite ice cream. We use Salted Caramel Ice Cream.